Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dream A Little Dream

The new season of America's Got Talent started this week. I don't watch that much TV but this has always been one of my favorite summer series. I like the variety of acts. Some, of course, are really bad. Then, there are the brilliant ones like this season's Earth Harp. My favorite so far. But, what I really love about this show is the contestants and their dreams.

I think dreams, hope, and happiness are entwined. I just finished writing a story and the core theme is about having a dream and believing in yourself. From experience, I can tell you that nothing is more exciting that pursuing your dreams and having them come true. This year has been a great year for me as a writer but I had to summon up the courage and belief in myself to make it happen. Dreams don't come true unless you act. Wishing is fruitless.

So, if you are reading this and you have a dream, something you would love to accomplish in this lifetime, what are you doing to make it come true? What action are you taking? Are you taking action each day? Doing something to bring you closer to your dream? Are you nurturing hope? If not, you need to start now. Summon up the courage.  Joy will be the end result. 

Patricia Preston
Check out my new website:

No comments: